Would you like to work for one of the largest and oldest Indigenous organisations in Australia which provides services to around 50,000 Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory?
About the NLC
We are responsible for assisting Aboriginal people in the Top End of the Northern Territory to acquire and manage their lands and seas. Our vision is to ensure that Aboriginal people benefit socially, culturally and economically from the secure possession of their land, waters and seas.
About the Role
The Human Resources Officer is a pivotal role in our People & Culture team delivering a comprehensive range of HR services to Northern Land Council Employees. This is a maternity leave contract and would suit a recent graduate or an experienced HR generalist.
- Manage, provide advice or escalate a range of HR queries
- Undertake recruitment, onboarding and contract management
- Provide adhoc support to payroll
- Provide administrative support to the team including data entry and reporting from our operational systems
- Monitor probation and performance appraisal reviews
- Support Senior HR team members with projects
To thrive in this role you will have:
- Significant demonstrated knowledge, understanding and respect of Indigenous Australian culture, customs and society and the ability to gain and maintain credibility with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations.
- Qualifications in Human Resources (or working towards) or demonstrated experience in a similar HR position.
- Previous experience working with HR systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust, credibility and confidence with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to provide a professional, customer focused HR advice to managers and employees.
- Organisational and administration skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to multi task and manage competing priorities.
- Well-developed research skills including the capacity to prepare clear and concise reports and briefing documents, official correspondence, and make oral and written representations to diverse stakeholder groups.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- 15 months Maternity Leave Contract
- Location: Darwin
- Salary: $67,912 to $72,011 per annum
- Allowances district and airfare allowances
- FBT exempt salary packaging benefits pay
- 13% superannuation contribution
- 5 weeks annual leave & 17.5% annual leave loading
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander persons are strongly encouraged to apply and special measures may be applied.
Please note COVID vaccinations are mandatory for all NLC staff.
How to Apply:
A full Position Description may be obtained by clicking on this vacancy on our website https://jobs.nlc.org.au/ . We ask that all applications are received through our jobs website – this will ensure that you are submitting a full application for this position. Our website also provides information about our recruitment process. If you are having any problems submitting your application please contact us on 08 8920 5140.
Melanie Espuis firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8920 5169
Applications Close: Sunday, 31st October 2021