Would you like to work for one of the largest and oldest Indigenous organisations in Australia which provides services to around 50,000 Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory?
About the NLC
We are responsible for assisting Aboriginal people in the Top End of the Northern Territory to acquire and manage their lands and seas. Our vision is to ensure that Aboriginal people benefit socially, culturally and economically from the secure possession of their land, waters and seas.
About the Role
As a Native Title Anthropologist, you will coordinate and assist in the preparation of Land Council’s documentation and responses for new and ongoing Native Title Determination Applications (NTDA).
You will be providing advice and assistance on anthropological matters in relation to the NLC’s native title practice including pre and post-determination Native Title Applications (NTA) and future acts.
To thrive in this role you will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Significant demonstrated knowledge, understanding and respect of Indigenous Australian culture, customs and society including the current social issues and their impact on aboriginal people in the Northern Territory.
- Minimum Honours degree in anthropology or related discipline; or demonstrable, applied experience in a similar industry/ context.
- A good working knowledge or the ability to rapidly acquire of the Aboriginal Land Rights (NT) Act 1976, Native Title Act 1993 and Northern Territory Sacred Sites Act 1989, in relation to the statutory functions of the NLC.
- Excellent research, analytical and data sourcing skills with the ability to prepare high quality reports, correspondence and other submissions.
For further information regarding the Native Title Anthropologist role, please refer to Position Description.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary PO2A $75,006 - SPOC $101,668 per annum plus allowances
- FBT exempt salary packaging benefits
- 13% superannuation contribution
- 5 weeks annual leave & 17.5% annual leave loading
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander People are strongly encouraged to apply and special measures may be applied.
Please note COVID vaccinations are mandatory for all NLC staff.
How to Apply:
Apply via https://jobs.nlc.org.au/. If you are having any problems submitting your application please contact us on 08 8920 5213.
Shannon Tchia Shannon.Tchia@nlc.org.au or call (08) 8920 5179
Applications Close: Sunday, 6 February 2022